I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary.*



So here is a love poem. I was going to post "Laundry" but the Both mag archives are offline and I don't have it with me. This one's more recent, from Down Spooky.



Contraposto



To my dear & loving head wound,

There is no beautiful mountain

anywhere near where you were born.

But let's just say there were,

instead of swamp & highway

instead of woods & marsh gas

instead of dualie pickup trucks

with slingshot gangs & make-up

camouflage there were a pretty mountain.

You would have climbed it first of all.

I would have too, to meet you.



*But this weekend is our 10th "real" anniversary. What a lucky girl I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.