I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Breaking the rule again...

to post this fantastic article about Hal Sirowitz from today's New York Times.



Hal is the first poet I ever worked with--I was the assistant publicist on his first book Mother Said back in 1995 when I worked for Crown/Random House. He was also one of the first people, much less poets, we met after moving to New York and he introduced us to lots of Lower East Side writers, artists & mucisians, inviting us to parties and readings, etc. It is pure pleasure to be publishing and editing Hal's new books almost 10 years later. It's really no wonder Queens can't find anyone to replace him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.