I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, February 29, 2004

What was the point again?



I can't recall what Chris Connelly & I (that's me in the Spiderman glove) were talking about last night or why we were trying to remember this Stevens poem, but we couldn't. Dan & I squared off 'bout Stevens vs. Williams, which is kind of silly, since both are necessary.



Explanation

 

Ach, Mutter,

This old, black dress,

I have been embroidering

French flowers on it. 



Not by way of romance,

Here is nothing of the ideal,

Nein,

Nein. 



It would have been different,

Liebchen,

If I had imagined myself,

In an orange gown,

Drifting through space,

Like a figure on the church-wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.