I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Eavesdropping on the shelves...

what a wonderful idea!



A glance behind me reveals that on my (deeply disarrayed) shelves (where Shawn and I separate out fiction, nonfiction, poetry + poetry-related nonfiction) the following clusters of party chatter have arranged themselves:



• Alice Notley with Robert Hayden & Neruda.

• Stevens (of Opus Posthumous) & Baudelaire.

• Jim Harrison, Randall Jarell & Salvador Espriu

• Marianne Moore & Octavio Paz (this discussion is very intense)

• Ashbery's got half a shelf staked out by himself, but has attracted a crowd populated by Delmore Schwartz, Archie Ammons, Lydia Davis, Rilke & Auden

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.