I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, February 6, 2004

I should get out more






See that straight shot up to Canada from Texas? Shortly after my return from San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico (where I played hooky from college in 1993 and thus flunked Sculptural Ceramics), I woke up in a car in Kansas the day after Christmas. Got stuck in some village in Saskatchewan over New Year's (the holiday spent in Regina where we drank Molson Ice and danced to Bryan Adams having no other options). It was so cold folks plugged in their cars and my nose hairs froze. Never been so cold. Finally had to take a Greyhound aaaaaaall the way back to Austin. An instance of impulsive decision-making gone, um, awry.



Does Kansas City also count as Missouri?



Should have been in St. Louis, MO in September 2001, but my flight for 9/14 was canceled. My sister used to live there, but is now back in the Friendly State (where the unelected bozo was NOT born).



Will probably be in Montana sometime soon, because my father figure recently bought a place there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.