I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Are you ready for NaPoWriMo?


NaPoWriMo is the official unofficial alternative/supplement to National Poetry Month. It's a bunch of people writing poems, one or even two a day all throughout the month of Apil, just because they wanna. There are no rules; there is no membership fee. It starts tomorrow.

Our Mistress of Ceremonies, Maureen Thorson, has gathered a list of particpants here, if you'd like to follow along. Maureen has been doing this for the last three years, and this year she's upped her quota to 2 poems a day, the old pro! I played in 2004 and 2005, but each year fell shy of a poem a day. However, I still wrote more poems than I usually would, and even spared some of them from the wastebasket. So hooray for failure! This year, I'm determined to do it.

So this is how it will work here on this here blog with my name on top: in a single evolving post, each day's new poem will replace the poem from the day before. (This is only slightly different than my usual 24-hour expiration policy. The practice of disappearing drafts eases my embarrassment over too-raw poems & keeps them from being bot-napped for search-engine caches. Trust me, it's better this way.)

Sure you don't wanna play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.