I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, March 24, 2006

30 poems in 30 days


April's just a week away. From my desk at the window this morning, I can see the first buds popping at the tippytop of the neighbor's flowering tree. Winter's over. Whew.

So NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month, a completely unofficial celebration unaffiliated with National Poetry Month but coincidentally scheduled) is nigh. Maureen has been doing a poem-a-day challenge in the month of April for the last three years, and I have attempted the same for the last two years [my poems have expired]. Shafer likes this game so much he plays it off-and-on year round at his blog.

Usually, I don't quite make a poem a day. I'm s l o w. I get busy or stuck or whatever. But I do write more than I otherwise would, and by the middle of the month the springy-fresh weather combined with the challenge has me going at top intensity, so the failure is actually a success. Sometimes I can keep it up into May.

You up for it? (Tell Reen, and she'll make a list of participants on her blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.