I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Bread, coffee, TP & something I'm forgetting...


You don't really approach a poem or a body of work with a checklist. Do you?

I can't answer the question "what are you looking for in a poem?"

It's not necessarily that I'll know it when I see it, but that looking is mostly what I enjoy about looking for it.

Attention (engagement) vs. the object of or occasion for attention.

Not "what am I looking for?" but "what is this thing I'm looking at?"

Yes, we're all on the same loop. Repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.