I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

On the radio, whoa oh oh, on the radio


This morning at 10 CT/11 ET, you could catch me reading my poem "Miss Epistolary" was played on "Poetry Radio" on WGLT, the NPR affiliate outta Normal/Bloomington, if you were into that kind of thing. (I haven't heard it myself, but it was a real studio & a very sexy microphone, I gotta say.) Here is the website for more info.

(I can't figure out how to listen via iTunes, but I can get a stream to play via Windows Media Player on my Mac by clicking "WGLT Live" in that left sidebar, or you could try just clicking here.)

Update: What a cool little show! It's just a simple DJ into, a single poem, then a little outro over the beginning of the next jazz song. So smooth. Why can't every radio station do something like that? Anyway, they'll have a few more of my & Jen's poems, plus us reading Maureen Thorson, Shafer Hall, Ada Limon & Jason Schneiderman, coming up in subsequent months. I'll try to keep up with their schedule so I can post reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.