I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Despised if you do, despised if you don't.


Let's hear it for that tendency of some readers/listeners to take a statement of personal preference as a pronouncement or prescription. Oh yeah, I been burned by that shit. I don't know why. Blogs are not magazines. I got my name up top.

On the other hand, I've been written plenty of prescriptions too. No thanks, docs.

Maybe it's naive to assume that disinterest would automatically express itself as, you know, doing something else instead. Disinterest is quite a bit more expressive than that. People relish going around talking about how terribly bored & annoyed they are. And that's supposed to be interesting? Who knew?

Does everybody want to be told what to do?

Just so everybody can not do what they're told?

HEY, who's driving this thing?! Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.