I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Catching up on various things...


...including laying out this utterly enormous anthology, which feels triumphantly good to me; the book is damn fun. And also on some blogging I've missed with all the recent travel and preparation for travel, like Ange over here. Which reminds me also to mention that I've started listening to the Penn Sound stuff while pretending to freelance, and Ange's also got a really great talk on Bernadette Mayer, and some of her own delightful poems here. Hearing and seeing Jordan's video clips of Joe Massey & Stephanie Young reading at the Unassociated Garden Party is actually better than the event was in person, because I have very dull hearing and that crowd toward the back was impossibly loud. (I arrived at the beginning of Tony Robinson's reading, and later drowned in that loud crowd too, I admit it, but I stepped forward often to hear what I could catch and at least see the poets reading, confound my ears. I like looking at poets, and talking to poets, and that party was a sea of poets, a great bouncy sea with foamy edges tumbling in and away from the boaty stage captained by poets trafficking hot contraband amid shiny cargoes.) All the photos too, around and about, from Austin, make it feel more like I was there (the ones that jibe with my experience) and less like I was there (the evidence of everything I missed). Records like all of these and their keepers, thanks for new perspectives and upping my memory, which can be a funny selective thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.