I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Recommended



If you live in NYC, and they deliver to your area, you will not regret signing up for Fresh Direct.

It's actually less expensive than Whole Foods (and for me, Whole Foods is quite a trip) or a good organic green grocer, and you can have sushi-grade fish [tofu*] and superfresh produce and pretty much everything else delivered right to your door! Delivery in Brooklyn is only $2.95 (with a $40 minimum) and there's no commitment or membership fees or anything. Their web site lists nutritional info and ingredients for every item, and saves your previous orders and favorites. You can open an order at the beginning of the week and add to it up to the day before delivery. And unlike the Park Slope Co-Op, you don't have to do any chores. Amazing.

*[This post has been modified because I have since gone vegan.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.