I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Mom's home from the hospital...

and the sisters are ensconced in la casa. Whew.



I just wrote a whole post about my mom & her weird family names. But I quit out of Safari unintentionally and lost it.



Mom's got a three-inch crack in her pelvis and torn groin ligaments. That hurts even to type. Doctor says she probably went galavanting about Spain with this injury, which happened weeks ago, apparently. She's had trouble with slipped discs and herniated/pinched nerves in her back for the last few years and has had a couple of operations on it. She lives with chronic pain, but I'm telling you, you cannot keep LaVerne down.



The bit about the names will have to come later, but I'll leave you with this photo of Elsie LaVerne Rose Compton Cocke Young Cocke Gigliotta Cocke. It's from our wedding. The gentleman is tough-guy fiction author Tom Kelly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.