I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

On second thought, maybe tomorrow.



I was supposed to go up to the LIT office at the New School today, so I could catch up with our correspondence and pack for our move (their rennovating our office over the summer--patience please!). BUT, since the 9/11 hearings are going on in the auditorium downstairs and some guy was dragged out screaming obscenities at Giuliani earlier...I think I'll skip it today.



Apparently in the Eugene Lang building there are Bush piƱatas hanging so folks can beat him in effigy.



The New School was a focal point of the madness after 9/11. A family center was established there for people waiting for news from the local hospitals (Beth Israel at Union Square, NYU Tisch Hospital, and St. Vincent's are all within a few blocks). Anyway, tensions are high and there are cops and cameras everywhere.



No thanks. I'll just stay here and complain to the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.