I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Auberginian update



So I read "Purple Heart" last night and explained the meme, read the EPIGRAPH* from the New Yorker and folks cracked up after the last line. (Going to the Massacre? Bring your aubergine poem!)



And this morning, someone landed here by Googling "Josh Corey" and "aubergine."



Yessir.



*Sorry, 'bout that. Since Friday night I have had one of the open mic readers on my mind. The series is cool because high-school age poets often show up to read, so don't think I'm poking mean fun. But one of the girls kept saying she found an EPILOGUE for this new poem, and we thought she meant EPIGRAPH, but it turns out she found it in a cemetary, so really she meant EPITAPH. And yesterday Susanna & I had a conversation about the word EPITHET. Then suddenly I had an EPIPHANY, realizing my error in this post. 5:30 copywriting slumps are EPISODIC, but thankfully not EPIDEMIC. Oh, I think I'll go write Gary & Nada an EPITHALAMIUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.