I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Ok, finally, my complaints about the new Blogger



First, it is very distressing to click on one's favorites and be told that, say, Jordan Davis no longer exists. He does exist, and Blogger agrees, finally, after a day's worth of clicking.



Second, these new templates have font sizes that are entirely too small for human eyes. I keep my browser setting at 12 pt. default, which is standard, and at that setting the polka dot template, the purple template, and others are microscopically painful. So I have to increase my display font each time I visit [admittedly punching apple + is not difficult, but still] then readjust when I go to a site designed with readability in mind. There is a workaround. Either users can change the font size in the template, or Blogger can stop being idiotic when designing new templates. Test yours: go to your browser preferences, under language/fonts, set default font size to 12. Now go look at your blog! If you're set to 14, 16 or higher, my type must look HUGE to you.



Third, some of the new templates require me to update my browser because of the new CSS, which I can't do till I clean millions of files and photos off my poor wheezing laptop. That's gonna require a day off.



Fourth, the built-in comment feature seems like a swell idea, but it rarely works. When clicking to read a comment, I very often find myself staring at a "file not found" message. And damn it, if Blogger had announced they were adding free comments, I wouldn't have paid to extend my Squawkbox service.



Ok, back to your regularly scheduled chipper Shanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.