I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I woke up this morning singing Queen.



It's Nester's fault of course.



Last night I finished editing GSMQII--which I have to say, kicks even more rocking ass than GSMQI--and who thought such a thing was possible?



And there Freddie was bright and early, in my head, before I even cracked my lids. Crooning in his positively OTT and what?--quote vaingloriously pompous end-quote manner.



Later, on the subway platform, I saw a woman teetering dangerously close to the edge in a pair of high-heeled gold metallic pumps, circa 1982. No mere accident that as I ran through the usual horrific fantasy of her fall and subsequent rescue, Freddie continued to belt it out upstairs--perfectly dramatic soundtrack.



So go read the excerpts from God Save My Queen II up at Morning News and if Dan's made you a mix CD, pop that in the player. You'll wake up doing it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.