I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Wanda Phipps heads West!



Attention Bay Area: Soft Skull* poet Wanda Phipps is heading your way in November. She has a gig at Moe's in Berkeley (date and details to come), but is also interested in San Francisco proper and Oakland readings.



If you've never heard Wanda read, it's a real treat. Here's one of the poems from the book, posted as text + audio at Salon.



She often sings during her sets too. (Hear a sample from her latest EP here.)



Google her and you'll find tons more.



If you're interested, or know of something good, please let me know. I'll send you a copy of her new book Wake-Up Calls: 66 Morning Poems! More info here.



*Note: So you can see that my "no SSP biz on the blog" rule has been gradually eroded and pretty much thoroughly demolished, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.