I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Recent & Recommended Reading



Kindly look to your right to see three recently read & enthusiastically endorsed chaps by bloggers Mark, Tom & Reen. I've been waiting to post till I was able to write mini reviews, but I don't when I'll get to that, honestly. And I'd hate to forget to enthuse about them all together. Get yours today!



Also still reading:



Aimee Nezhukumatathil's Miracle Fruit (congrats on the latest award, Aimee!)

Tony Tost's Invisible Bride

A.B. West's Wakenight Emporium

Paul Ferris's Dylan Thomas: The Biography (updated 2000 version)



And it's about time for my summer Sci-Fi kick. Lining up some more Octavia Butler and maybe this series Shawn's reading right now that takes place on a planet of poetry (about which more later)!



Speaking of SF + Poetry, have any of you read David Bowman's Bunny Modern? It's set during the Millennial Blackout, practically everyone's named Ishmael and wears Lit Wear: Melville shirts and pants, Dickinson blouses, "slim Jane Eyres under a Bret Harte duster--sounds like a mismatch I know. But it works." It's groovy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.