I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Changing Lettuce Suppliers: A hay(na)ku for Erica



"remove

the salad

and alert quarantine"



airborne

frog perches

on a cuke's



skinned

lip all

those miles above



In case you missed the link a few weeks ago, here it is.



Hay(na)ku has become my preferred form for occasional poems. I really love the way the last line in the final tercet always gives me just enough room to finish up. And the three-word lines in the other tercets link up sweetly with the subsequent one-word lines--almost as if the longer lines form loops for the single stitch of the next row of stitching to come through. Turn a long hay(na)ku chain on its side--it looks like lace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.