I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Happy Bloomsday

I'm missing Irish breakfast with a bunch of Irish writers right now because I have to work. Boo work!



UPDATE: Am suddenly remembering the Bloomsday reading at B&N Astor Place a few years ago, where Tom & Shawn and I almost lost it as Colum read selections from Joyce's letters to Nora--the very naughty bits 'bout loving her @rsehole. This just a few feet from the children's section--though 'twas empty that evening. This just before Erica Jong came to the mic and very sonorously read from the Molly Bloom soliloquy. Again. Groan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.