I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, October 8, 2004

Little sis aced her audition...

and landed herself a pupeteering role in the upcoming Dallas Children's Theater production of The Velveteen Rabbit. Way to go, Camron!



Those of you who've met Cammi know how funny and talented she is, but you may not know that she has an absolutely abysmal singing voice. Awful. Not one note in place. Since one part of her audition required her to sing a Xmas carol, naturally she was concerned. She opted to prepare "Jingle Bells" and hoped to charm her way through it. As if that wasn't comedic enough, she failed to realize that she would not be allowed to choose her own song, and she was forced to croon "Joy to the World." With live piano accompaniment. And she didn't know the words.



In the end, she had the director and his fellows in stitches.



"But they were laughing with me, not at me," she says. I could almost hear her grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.