I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, October 8, 2004

I would not miss this for all the ass-slapping in the world.

Jennifer L. Knox announces:



"I'll be reading some poetry with [expurgated]

THIS TUESDAY, 8 p.m. at a bar called KILI

at 79-81 Hoyt Street at Atlantic.



The G, A, C to Hoyt Schermerhorn,

or the 4, 5 to Hoyt should get you there, God willing.



But that's not the freaky part. The freaky part is:

I have had my ass slapped with [expurgated].

Not with [expurgated]'s hand, or something in [expurgated]'s hand,

but with his whole self. Some guys picked him up

and smacked my ass with his entire person.

Freaky!



Will this ever happen again?

Will it happen on Tuesday?

We shall see."



I will however miss the Free Radicals party tonite, because I am still sickly and will be in my PJs post-haste post-debate. I just gotta kick this cold, dudes.



As Reen mentions, this is one poeterrific week: In addition to the festivities this evening, Tracey McTague, et. al. read TOMORROW at a SATURDAY Frequency, then Shafer reads Monday at Pete's, then Jen & brand-spanking-new Brooklynite [expurgated] take the stage at Kili.



Have we all died and gone to poetry heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.