I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Did you catch that?



If ever the pot-smoking, tax-evading redheaded stranger calls, I already told Shawn, I'd consider it.



It wasn't a fabulous performance, and frankly one of my least-favorite Nelson hits (probably because he didn't write it), but I missed nylon-stringed Trigger the most. I guess his hand is still healing. He couldn't play on the 4th either.



Lest you think I missed the political import of tonight's convention--Alexandra Kerry's tear-jerking speech jerked tears. And Morgan Freeman was a right fine narrator. But half way through the Kerry-intro film, I smelled Spielberg. Please don't manipulate me with your slo-mo, dude.



That is sooooooo Reagan-era.



...



Update: More balloons. Stand by, confetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.