I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, July 8, 2004

A li'l review of Down Spooky by Tom Beckett



Though it's so sweet and the hour is so wee, I think I just might be dreaming! (Scroll down to July 7 at 4:10 a.m.--I can't get the permalink to work.)



Thanks, Tom. It pleases me to no end that you like the Spookies.



And while my cheeks are still pink, may as well mention that Shafer Hall's grandfather just sent the following delightfully hyperbolic note re: Big Confetti:



Have read and re-read "Big Confetti" and am suitably impressed (I know I daren't say surprised or I would have to go into a lot of exonerating explanations) but will say the surprise was pleasant.



Don't know anything about poetry, but know what I like, and "Arbor Vitae" and the word "whirpling" are neck and neck.



Hope you and your co-poet can maintain the obvious high level of incentive and motivation--wherever it comes from--(if it has anything to do with the war between the sexes--Venus and Mars, etc. your next works will put Kipling, Service and Browning out of business).



[signed]

The Coast Curmudgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.