I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Chapping my hide



Stephanie, you'll love my latest customer service experience:



Dear Orbitz,



You may want to consider dumping Dollar rental cars from your service. I called them to add a day to my existing 9-day rental and the price tripled. When I asked why I could not get the rate I confirmed on Orbitz (57.99 for additional day) the customer service agent claimed it had to do with my zip code in New York City. I live in Brooklyn and was picking the car up in Manhattan (there are no Dollar outlets in Brooklyn). This ridiculous policy (which I had him confirm because I couldn't believe it) would have increased my total from $350 to more than $1000! I canceled the car and reserved another car with Alamo (also through Orbitz--thanks!) for slightly more than my original reservation--and with less than a full day's notice. I won't rent from Dollar again. They do not seem to have the travel needs of your customers in mind. Why continue to work with them? They make you look bad.



Sincerely,

Shanna Compton

Brooklyn (a whole 3 miles from Manhattan in the same city), NY




Luckily, the "policy" was so unbeliveably stupid that I just laughed at the guy rather than get upset.



I said: You mean people who live in Brooklyn pay three times more for the same car than people in Manhattan?



And he said: Yes ma'am.



Uh, not this Brooklynite.



Shawn has a unique way (to put it mildly) of dealing with unhelpful customer service folks and telemarketers--he pretends to be an insane evangelical talking about how Jes*s doesn't want him to use sinful credit cards. They can't get him off the phone fast enough! Works every time. I can't do it. I crack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.