I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, January 1, 2007

Recommended Poetry & Maybe Some Fiction 2007*



My Angie Dickinson by Michael Magee (Zasterle, 2007)
Day Poems by Mel Nichols (chapbook, Edge, 2006)
Info Ration by Stan Apps (Make Now, 2007)
Drunk by Noon by Jennifer L. Knox (Well now I *am* editing it, so it can't be here on that technicality)
Folly by Nada Gordon (Roof, 2007)
Applies to Oranges by Maureen Thorson (again, revised manuscript, hopefully forthcoming from somebody very soon)
The Town That Forgot How to Breathe by Kenneth J. Harvey (Picador, 2006)
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Bloomsbury, 2004)
What's Your Idea of a Good Time? Interviews and Letters, 1977-1985 by Bill Berkson & Bernadette Mayer (Tuumba, 2007)
The Romance of Happy Workers & Other Poems by Anne Boyer (forthcoming, Coffee House)

Last year's list

* Poetry or poetry-related books and maybe also the occasional novel, story collection, or biography, listed in the order read. Excluding anything I edited. All mentions are recommendations. If it sucked or was so-so, why bring it up? Then again, if it's not here, maybe I just haven't gotten around to starting and/or finishing it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.