I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Me too


David Trinidad had a list of words that should never go in poems.
But I can't remember them now.

I think one was miasma.

Or maybe it was gloaming.

I don't like bones (though they are very useful in the body).

I have been known to purposely include cringemaking words tho, just to see if I could do it.

It's funny to write OTT poems in overblown language full of poetry words.

I like the purposely bad.

Especially when they rhyme.

Or are on silly topics, such as cheese.

There's a kind of wobbly funked-up tension between tone and effect in such hideous verse that I find elating.

One of the things I like about flarf, actually, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.