I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Alive


Yes, & also well.

Missed the opportunity to commute yesterday because movers' tardiness (& general suckitude) made Sunday a real drag.
Drove home in blinding snow in a full-up cargo van down dark (& when I say!) country roads very late that night.
Too late to unload till yesterday morning.

So yesterday I unpacked & tried to recover.

Mebbe by the next time I move, someone will have perfected teleportation.
Beam me the eff up, Scotty.

Settling in, adapting to new routines.

I say "opportunity" because I love trains.
(Anything with wheels or an engine, truthfully.
When Mrs. Lancaster asked in 2nd grade what I'd be: a truckdriver.
Was told 'twas not a job for girls, but just to be clear, I'm only not because I changed my own mind, so there.)
This morning there were three slick bald Mr. Cleans in my compartment.
The glint off their pates was mesmerizing.
The man next to me was reading Plutarch, in Greek.
I saw graffiti that said "Fuck You, David" in foot-high letters & some other things that made me wish I'd packed my camera.

Pictures, to be sure, to come.
& poems too. The train is a good place to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.