I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, June 1, 2006

A lull


Is all. So much busyness last week, with accompanying prose.

Been reading some, but guiltily. Haven't yet been able to justify a sitdown with two things I am nevertheless dying to get to, a friend's MS and a big fat regional party. But soon. The rest of the proofs on the anthology between tomorrow & Sunday. (That job doesn't travel well, & the editors are anyway on a cruise.)

Readying to...prepare to...move to. Billing addresses, new drivers license, & first grown-up car to be purchased, which requires a different kind of headachy reading. (Oh America & your ownership sickness. For every thing owned, a debt is also owned by another owner. We are buying & selling each other's asses. It's a dream!)

Hoping that when I begin packing books I will also begin finding what's been misplaced half-read.

You haven't really lived in Brooklyn until you mistake a dark plastic bag scuttling along in the gutter for a mangy rodent & think well, I'm in no hurry today & he's got the right of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.