I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I've been laminated



(Click for a larger image.)

I just got this totally awesome poster in the mail from Bruce Covey. (THANKS, BRUCE!) This snapshot doesn't do its beauty justice. The painting by Julia Kjelgaard is an icy blue wonder. (The painting above the poster is by Thomas Fink, "Hay(na)ku 13," which normally has this corner of my office to itself.) The poster's similar to the "Poetry in Motion" ones put out by PSA, and it rode the Emory University shuttle buses, down Atlanta, GA way. Groovy.

Speaking of fantastic mail, I also got my copies of Foursquare yesterday. It's cherrylicious in its cute little fabric envelope, embroidered with the title. Inside, a folded broadsheet with terrific poems by K. Lorraine Graham, Linda V. Russo, & Elizabeth Treadwell, in addition, etc. Collectible, for sure.

And the special superduper stitched letterpress edition of Aaron Belz's Plausible Worlds. The Bad Mailman was nice enough not to mangle it, for once. Wasn't that sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.