I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Sunday, June 4, 2006


I have not been as brave . . . to admit even to myself . . . that many of the alternative fine-art comics that cross my desk these days are kind of boring. I've been quiet on this point in part because I do believe comics are literature, and do not wish to undermine the cause; and in part because it seems cruel to criticize cartoonists, who, after all, have effectively chosen the career of the professional poet minus all the cash and glamour and flashy cars.

Now, if it weren't John Hodgman behind this deadpan hilarity, some of us might get all indignant. Hee hee. (Plus, he loves Jessica's La Perdida.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.