I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, March 4, 2005

Your future Ashbery



The Sunday NYTBR will feature a piece on John Ashbery.

Mildly provocative? Wildly scandalous? Vaguely interesting? Nice photo? Summary: Reading Ashbery gives the former editor-in-chief of the NYTBR a headache! And his first book wasn't his first book it was a chapbook--see you can't fool the NYTBR. Except with language poetry; language poetry is truly incomprehensible. John Ashbery is old. And difficult. But he's a genius. And everybody knows it. And so does the NYTBR.

Thanks NYTBR!

Don't get me wrong; I was glad to see him there.

So, oh ok, thanks NYTBR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.