I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, March 7, 2005

Dream



I dreamed I was a stand-up comedian, playing to a large crowd at some kind of outdoor festival. I was supposed to do two sets, with a short break between them. The first set went really well--even I thought I was funny, and it felt comfortable, everything clicking. But after the break I returned to the stage and the mic squealed and hollered. I couldn't think of a single joke. Afterward, I had to sit through a performance critique, which I didn't take very seriously, choosing to blame the failure of the second set on the technical difficulties. "They've forgotten about my stellar first set!" I kept thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.