I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Injury



Last night hubby cut himself on a wine glass. It kind of just exploded in his giant hands. The stem simply snapped off and sliced through the tip of his right index finger, deep and long. From the couch I heard the crashing and looked up to see his face drained of all color (and he's pretty colorful, usually) and blood leaking all over the kitchen. Rushed to the medicine cabinet but found only useless Band-Aids and medical tape, no gauze. Calmed him, wrapped him up in some TP like a teenage rival's house and ran to the pharmacy up the street (which was about 10 minutes from locking up). Located the bandage aisle and found the butterflies, some sci-fi aqua bandages that seemed so futuristic they were bound to come in handy, and more tape but no rolls of gauze which is what I was really after. Asked the dude at the counter Do you have rolls of gauze. He produced a ladder and climbed to the top shelf against the wall and brought down an unmarked box. Gimme two of those, please. Went to front of store to check out. Was sent back to pharamacy counter because that register had been closed already for the night. Girl at pharmacy counter chatting to dude who'd climbed the ladder for me. I waited waited waited. She glanced down at what I was trying to buy. Uh, can you check me out. Still talking. Vaguely reached hand toward first item. Gauze was not marked with price. Turned to ask ladder dude How much is this? Finally I had to say Can we hurry? Someone is bleeding!

Hubby is fine, though he might need a stitch and can't really type since it's his "writing finger." Also we are between health insurances.

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary (which coincides with our 12th real anniversary). More than happy to apply steady direct pressure for you anytime, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.