I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Stay tuned...



We're leaving tomorrow for a few days of vacation in Washington State before AWP in Vancouver, BC.

Saturday through Wednesday we'll be doing the things like catching a Denis Johnson play, visiting the Science Fiction Museum & Hall of Fame, touring some of the locations from (the best show ever on television) Twin Peaks, and kicking back on San Juan Island.

Wednesday to Saturday, I'll be reporting from the AWP conference in Vancouver, like last year, for those who want in on the virtual action. (And I'm packing my battery charger this time, so can snap more than three measley pics.) Panel & reading notes, limo rides, the bar scene, and what have you. My conference schedule has so many events highlighted it almost hurts to glance at its neon goodness.

Very excited to meet some of you for the first time and say hello again to those of you I met last year. But I am equally excited about the bookfair. Just look at all those presses. There are usually great deals (especially on the final day) and I have already planned to check my carry-on suitcase on the way back to make room for bag(s) o' books on the plane. Soft Skull & BOMB Magazine will be at table 188, so be sure to drop by!

And here's the invitation to the indie-press party next Thursday night:



More on the Lamplighter Pub here. It's inside the second-oldest hotel in Vancouver, the Dominion. It's located in the Gastown district and apparently was the first establishment in the city to serve alcohol to women. Way to go, Lamplighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.