I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Do the locomotion with me.



UPDATE: Received several great lines below and via email. I will be collecting them through Friday afternoon, quitting time--so keep 'em coming. Then I'll post the completed poem sometime over the weekend, perhaps as an evolving post so you can collaborate on the revisions too? THANKS.

Hello darlings.

Would you like to write a poem with me? I will post the finished poem here and also read it at the collaboration-themed reading this Sunday at Zinc Bar (see "Reading Rumors" below for details), along with collaborations I've done with Shafer Hall, Ada Limon, Jen Knox, Daniel Nester, Maureen Thorson, and other goodly poetikal peeps far and wide. We may or may not be doing live collaborations on stage too, and perhaps I will arm myself with your lines in my pocket, at the ready, for that portion of the evening, for fear I am less extemporaneous than my peers.

If you would like to play, email me a line: shannacompton at earthlink dot net.

If you prefer, you may leave your line in the comment box below.

I will do my very best to use all donated lines, and have only one request: please sign your name so I can properly credit you as coauthor of our soon-to-be-fabulous collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.