I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Weekend



Spent cooking (braciole[*] with goat cheese[*], baby bellas & pine nuts in a mushroom sauce, broiled tilapia[*] with cilantro and lime with an avacado/jalapeno salsa and buttered[*] green beans), reading Guess Can Gallop, Yonder Stands Your Orphan, and last night rereading The Next Ancient World. Working on Down Spooky, trying to make sure about the order, the final revisions, the sections. Listening carefully to the aquamarine Olivetti. Enjoyed brief snows, especially the light and the way it makes the cat cling. Didn't leave the house at all since we came in Thursday. Nice and bunkered. Finished the second season of Millennium last night, unfortunately annoyed with the Patti Smith music video. Looking forward to the short week. Hope to go see a stellar Belladonna on Thursday and also to venture out Saturday for "the boys of Ahsahta." Maybe we'll get more snow tomorrow. I dislike the cold but.

*[This post has not been modified, but I have since gone vegan. Yeah, I miss cheese, but this book has made it nearly painless!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.