I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, January 14, 2005

I had lunch with Jim Harrison once...

along with Colum McCann, Tom Kelly & the husband. We went to St. Dymphna's on St. Marks Place.



He told us hilarious stories about French hotel maids and used every conceivable condiment: vinegar, HP sauce, ketchup, mayo, Tabasco, etc.



Here is the picture he drew of himself as a walleyed sun in my copy of Wolf: A False Memoir:







My copy of Selected & New Poems bears the inscription: "To Shanna from the Lone Geezer, Jim"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.