I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Julie Speed!







Get her new book. Right now!



See some more here.



UPDATE: She's going to have a show here in NYC in the spring. April 7th to May 7th, 2005. Gerald Peters Gallery.



UPDATE 2: "I knew that I wanted to be an artist as soon as I figured out that I could not be a caveman, which was the first thing that I wanted to be," she says. "A pirate was the second thing that I wanted to be, and then by the time I got old enough I couldn't--that I figured out that I could not be a caveman or a pirate, then I knew that I was going to be an artist." Read this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.