I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

All booked for Vancouver...



Actually, we're flying to Seattle a week early to spend some time in the PNW and see some friends from Portland, etc. Recommendations for Washington, Oregon and that tip of Canada welcome. We've been to Oregon a couple of times before, but just to Portland and Ashland. Went hiking once just over the line in Washington. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Then it's up to Vancouver for AWP.



By the way, I found a 3-star hotel about a half-mile from the conference hotels for about half the price, if you're interested in that particular tip. Personally, I think I'd get a little burned staying in the conference hotels themselves. The freaking bars and restaurants are always crowded. Good when you feel up for it, but not when not. Last year we stayed a few blocks away and it was nice to be close but not on top of the bustle.



Still working on an off-site reading for Soft Skull with special guests from Winnow Press. If I'm gonna be pimping, might as well pimp myself, yo. At the book fair, we'll be sharing a table with BOMB.



Do the panels this year look more interesting, or is that just me? How excited am I that William Gibson will be there? Speaking of whom, he's now on the blogroll.



Realizing I like to plan my year in terms of trips to be taken. If I have a trip to think about, I am always excited. Jen Knox and I are also planning a street-paving-ladies poetry tour together in the fall. Maybe we can get Ms. Pafunda to join us in the South. Want us to come out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.