I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Picked a peck of peppers





I meant to order 4 jalapenos, but ordered 4 POUNDS of jalapenos by mistake from Fresh Direct this week.

I'm considering roasting and stuffing them and taking them to the Liar this afternoon.

They are organic. And half will be vegetarian or vegan.

Takers?

UPDATE: I just made...

Roasted Jalapenos with Brown Sugar Ancho Glaze (Vegan)
Cream Cheese, Bacon & Red Pepper Stuffed Jalapenos with Ancho Powder
Cream Cheese, Red Pepper & Parsley Stuffed Peppers (Vegetarian)
Shrimp Veracruz Stuffed Jalapenos (with Vegan Mayo)

...YUM! The stuffed raw peppers were seeded and rinsed in vinegar water to tame them for you Yankees. The roasted peppers will make ya sweat, tho.

*[This post has not been modified, but I have since gone vegan.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.