I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Massacre Saturday: More poets' faces



For Friday's report (no photos) see here.

For Saturday, part one see here.





JENNIFER L. KNOX



Motherfucker! I just found out my boyfriend's a prostitute.





GABRIELLA TORRES



A different spiral takes you

to the bathhouse of the poor.





ADA LIMON



That bird looks like a flight risk.



Hooray for the differently sane!





AUTUMN McCLINTOCK



tuna fish sandwiches cut into triangular wedges



for consumation [?] I considered becoming a juggler.





DANIEL NESTER



a lovely day for a motion picture



Asshole, O how you wait for everyone!



Let us speak of Dudley Moore now





TINA BROWN CELONA



It burned, sending up tumors of honey.



My doctor says I'm hostile

and I stink of rum--WAIT. This is the wrong version of this poem.



My doctor says I'm hostile,

and I believe him.



You can't have ego salad without personal taste.





HASSEN



I can remake you better than you can be.



What if I am you, Joseph Banks.

What if you are me?





ANNA MOSCHOVAKIS



Because the river that was not a river

felt like a river nonetheless



Dear Karen, I've failed.

And I'm the one who proposed the match.





STEPHANIE YOUNG



You wear the device on your back, as if it were full of books.



I had one long continuous dream of human violence.



Emotions expressed as diamonds.



I developed a wish to have legs as long as a horse,

for showing excitement.





AARON TIEGER



Moving through snow

with a grace too slow



The silent layer of your eyes



Now we have a name

and drop like water.





JORDAN DAVIS



[At this point my camera battery died. Man that sucked. So I didn't get to jot J's lines. I was still messing with it, futiley, during AARON KUNIN's & DAVID HESS's reading. Or I could blame my lack of note taking on David's flame-licked neon cowboy hat! Unfortunately dead battery means no photos for the following Saturday nighters.]



DAVID HESS

I'm a representative of the School of Quietude, here to disturb your gathering with my quiet.



JACKIE WATERS

Desire is a good start.



TRACEY McTAGUE (the dissident poster girl!)

They're young.

They always set the golf course on fire.



This is called "Pantyhose Face."



...and naked aerobics on videotape...



JOE TORRA

Enjoy your youth.



ALLI WARREN

It turns out I'm still thinking underpants.



MAX WINTER

So keep that thought in your jacket pocket.



Red & blue balloons, what are your names?



AND FOR THE SATURDAY FINALE...





DOUGLAS ROTHSCHILD (R)



[Douglas emceed a hilarious special edition of the Poetry Game Show, featuring Sean Cole & Mark Lamoureux (L) as contestants and Erica Kaufman & Shafer Hall as judges.]



SUNDAY & CANDIDS TO COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.