I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Massacre Saturday: Matching poets to faces

There are plenty of good prose reports (Stephanie, Alli, Chad, and others--Chad's got audio too!), so I'll keep my comments brief. Here are the readings shots from the first few sets on Saturday. I took notes too, so the captions are random lines that I got down, probably many incorrectly. (Corrections appreciated. And again, if some of you shy types prefer not to appear here, let me know!)


AMANDA NADELBERG

Are you hungry, froggie?
All there is to eat is water and glass.
...
How would you like to stop jumping?
Like this? Or like this?

LISA LUBASCH

Lampshades will admit of the spectacular.

variations of the same dress, gathered


CHRISTOPHER RIZZO & MARK LAMOUREUX

Can't lead a horse to water, but can't make him Wallace Stevens.


ERICA KAUFMAN

It makes no sense to have shoulders so pained from just watching.

Here is a woman who's proud to sweat.


COLBY CEDAR SMITH

We are glad they are breaking apart.

my body in an unmade bed


[expurgated]

"Don't do that."
[He wasn't reading--he was talking to snap-happy me. Too late!]


JOHN COLETTI

cooking up brisket in a snow globe

One should delicately smell the millennium.


BRENDAN LORBER

piehole of stone

"Purity of Essence" for Todd Colby

My cat is the devil's pet project.



SIRUS LORBER-McTAGUE & DAVID HESS
[Brendan & Tracey's dog Sirus [or Cyrus?]. That's David Hess distracting him with the clock. See D's reflection in the TV?]


BRANDON DOWNING

The body opera is washed and dried in the sun.

There goes consciousness, always related to Venice.

A goth girl is telling me she's a virgin in a Cabriolet.


NEETZAN ZIMMERMAN

Finish your FDC Red #35!

Carbon dating is the new wave.

This nurse is like a piece of cake--
all easy, no bake.


JAIME CORBACHO

Alien abduction is a common occurence in the suburbs.

Ladies, he's actually called "Six Ways to Domingo."


JOHN COTTER

Who makes their own languages makes maps.

My shiny bride, safe in our
[illegible] home,
painting her toenails.


JOANNA SONDHEIM

A pirouetting marvel atop a wooden raft


SHAFER HALL

Stop saying tiger.
[From Katey Nicosia's Operation Tiger poem]

If I attended better schools would the ones I love be less blue?

So maybe I'm a little bit of a little girl.


The rest of Saturday and plenty of candids and smoke-break shots to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.