I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, January 26, 2004

Received or purchased, printing & folding...







Received: Aforementioned O'Connor: Collected Works. Hubby joined the Library of America subscription plan which is a good deal and they are all worthy titles. Don't have the new American poetry set yet, though I have coveted it's black-covered girth.



Purchased and awaiting: Kasey's Deer Head Nation, which I persist in calling "Reindeer Nation" though I know plenty better. Perhaps object in hand will cure me of it.



And re-received to replace the loaned-n-lost copy: New Addresses by Kenneth Koch. I heard him read from this book at the 92nd Street Y--the only time I heard him in person (and probably the only time I'll go to a 92Y reading--too big!). I was too shy to go to the reception.



Printing & folding (and soon to be sewing): Production is officially in full-swing after clocking off the freelance gig this evening. Down Spookies will exist very soon. Hit Paper Access on Saturday, and Jams for the text stock (cheaper!). Last night Hubby pointed out that the poems in it are not "typical Shanna Compton work." (He's more sure about what type of poem I write "typically" than I am.) But since the constraints I put on the project were so many and purposely remote to my habitual style, I suppose that's to be expected. A few from the TOC below (and no, Dan, I'm not really going in alpha order) will likely drop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.