I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, January 30, 2004

Look what the mailman brought me...



Deer Head Nation at last, plus Drawn & Quartered by Creeley & Rand, and Toner by Ron Silliman.



Currently reading Crystallography by Christian Bok. Dazzled by facets such as "The word at the end of this sentence is meaningless."



And



ombré silverbirches



organza

obsure



harlequin hailstorm




All of "Geodes" section is brilliant, hushed, a handbell choir--remote from the verbal static and pops of Eunoia. Distant rhythmic drips echoed through cavern, where Eunoia is energetic and almost explosive, dropped flatware, crashed cars sputtering to halt.



Oh, and my Karaoke + Poetry = Fun t-shirt came yesterday, designed by Charlie Orr. So next time I get drunk and sing country, I can do it in style. Yeehaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.