I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Monday, January 12, 2004

Does anyone have a copy...

of the Poetry Project Newsletter that contains John Ashbery's piece on Joan Murray (1917-1942)?



A few years ago I wrote my critical thesis on her book Poems, which Auden selected for the Yale Younger Poets Series. I read through all her files at Smith and saw the original manuscripts and hubby very generously paid millions so I could have my own copy of the rare first (and only) edition.



Thinking about spiffing up the piece and sending it out. It had been accepted once by a very nice journal, but I did not like (at all!) the edits suggested by the editor. I was too close to the subject then, I think. I should have considered being more flexible.



Anyway, if you have it, and can pop a photocopy in the mail or zip over a scan, that'd be super. I'll be happy to return the favor.



Meantime, I'll try the usual routes dig it up (but you folks are always so much faster). I gots to hit the library today anyway for an old old piece on David Ohle from Rain Taxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.