I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Red Roof Inn really has a red roof...


...and we are in Ann Arbor, where last night we read at Shaman Drum. Ray's intro was magnificently flattering and funny and had some vampires in it and I wish I had a copy to show you. He's the best, and doesn't even make a mess when eating buffalo wings. The store was dreamy--the poetry section is bigger than my Brooklyn bedroom, which is small for a bedroom, but big for a poetry section. I got The Collected Poems of Ted Berrigan right away, because I might read some of those along with my own stuff for the NPR station in Normal.

Met Joshua Edwards of Canary fame. (Thanks for coming, Josh!) And a good crown of UMich students and one dude in the back who laughed so loud at Jennifer's poems he made the 14-hour drive completely worth it.

Thanks to everybody who came out and bought books. And if you missed it, we each signed a stack that Ray says he will handsell to you convincing you that's the only way to prove the existence of your human soul.

Gotta go. Muncie, here we come. Will Jen read her Muncie Man poems? Only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.