I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

So many, so little


After tomorrow I might just might I hope I may I hope I might be able to pass the first set of proofs on this absolutely huge anthology to the trio of editors for their first look. Much shuffling through many disparate originals in four states shall ensue. Ancient mags shall be consulted. Libraries shall be ransacked. Corrections shall zip through the ether in all directions toward their bulky target.

If there's one thing that's more logistically complicated than an ginormous poetry anthology (which is uneviably so & thus I am always amazed by them), it is a ginormous poetry anthology of collaborative work reprinted mostly from out-of-print or faraway sources from more than 300 authors (2-23 contribs per poem x 150+ poems). Figuratively speaking there will have been more than 600 hands on this 400-page baby when it is finally born. My copyeditor hat is drooping on one corner aweary. My typesetter hat has been ripped to shreds over so many formatting, uh, puzzlers. My book designer hat is at a jaunty angle 'cuz zee thing, she look so hot. Thanks be that I did not have to choose the dang poems too!

Yes, very exciting. But I'm also excited that after hopefully tomorrow I will be able to read something else for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.