I am temporarily parking archived blog posts here while I redesign my site and change servers. For current content, please visit blog.shannacompton.com.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Last night I finally saw Last Year at Marienbad.


What have I done with my white feathered dressing gown & my rococo getaway?

Reading Robbe-Grillet in college (picked it up at somebody else's house & put it down hours later, stunned, while the party went on around me) was akin to My First Beckett or Every Single Stein. Don't know why I didn't watch this till now. Exquisitely excruciating. (Yay for the cable being out.)

Also reminded of my intense affair with Robert Pinget, circa '97-'99. ('If you like David Markson & Alain Robbe-Grillet, you'll LOVE Pinget.') I have several books of his left to get lost in.

I'm starting to plan my summer reading. Yippee.

& yes, I finished the dang layout. Now I am drowning in the proofs. But those shall be flung from my desk before the weekend is through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete unwanted comments or ban users by IP address as necessary. Please don't make it necessary.